Thursday, October 4, 2012

Your Needed Vitamins for Menopause

Vitamins for Menopause help support your daily food choices. An average diet of fast and processed foods, which consists of lots of meat and potatoes, adds very little of the nutrients your body needs to function. Lots of green leafy salads, avocados, carrots, sweet potatoes and oranges are some of your best sources of natural vitamins.

Vitamins for Menopause, consisting of A, B, C, D & E should be taken twice daily as a multivitamin. When taken in the morning, and then again that evening, these nutrients can be utilized though out the day instead of just all at once.

Vitamin A helps keep your skin soft, smooth and supple. It is also important in supporting eye health. This vitamin is a natural lubricant, which will help with skin and vaginal dryness.

Vitamin B needs to be supplemented daily. Its job is to increase your resistance to infection, and helps maintain your adrenal gland. Vitamin B gives you energy and supports your liver function.

Vitamin C has anti-stress properties that help with anxiety, tension, as well as, insomnia. As an antioxidant, Vitamin C increases your immunity to diseases. It is also a help with allergies.

Vitamin E is shown to help with PMS symptoms. As an antioxidant it supports thyroid health. Vitamin E has also been shown to reduce the chances of breast cysts.

Extra Vitamin D is needed to work with calcium. This vitamin's job is to promote the absorption of calcium. Without sufficient vitamin D, bones can become thin, and brittle. Your best source is the sun, because this vitamin is naturally present in very few foods. 10 minutes a day of exposure will help with your liver and kidney function, as well as help prevent osteoporosis.

Another supplement to add to your vitamins for menopause is Calcium. Calcium is the most abundant mineral in the body. 1% of its job is muscle function, vascular support and nerve transmission. The other 99% of it's time, calcium is stored in and remodeling your bones. The balance between stored bone and depleting bone changes as we age and go though menopause. So, it is essential that calcium is added, as a supplement, as early as possible to your daily regime. This supplementation will show down the deterioration of your bones, as well as delay the onset of osteoporosis.

Tuesday, September 25, 2012

Anti-Aging Products for Acne Prone Skin

So, you've resigned yourself to the fact that although your teenage years are long gone, you still have acne. Or, you have looked in the mirror in disgust wondering why your skin is worse now than ever before. You find yourself buying acne products that are either geared towards teenagers or come with a hefty price tag - at the drugstore, no less! But, things could be worse, right? Yes, they certainly could - you could have acne and dry, wrinkled skin.

Before delving further into this topic, let me first acknowledge the wide variety of treatments available to acne sufferers through a dermatologist. If you have severe acne you should be under the care of a dermatologist. I am a firm believer in obtaining treatment advice from a professional and using the best treatments available, which in most cases are prescription drug products. However, it is estimated that only about twenty percent of acne sufferers are under the care of a dermatologist. If you are among the eighty percent or so who treat their acne with over the counter products, this article is for you.

What are your options for anti-aging skincare when you suffer from acne? First, reevaluate your skin. Reports of acne in women fall steadily between the ages of 20 to 40, but many women fall into the habit of using the same products year after year. Have you fallen into a rut? Second, it is important to realize that the most important over the counter treatment for acne, benzoyl peroxide, can easily be incorporated into any anti-aging skincare regimen. Salicylic acid, which is used to a lesser extent in over the counter acne preparations, can usually be substituted with other components.